The Cloudveil RPK pants are a hardshell snow sports pant. Although they are
pricey ($350) they have every bell and whistle that you can possible shove into a pair of pants without being obnoxious about it. Cloudveil included 5 pockets, 2 vents, a recco avalanche system and Gore’s softshell material. Don’t be fooled though it isn’t a softshell pant. The material can best be described as a softer hardshell. The pants are lined with a fuzzy material instead of the regular taffeta lining. These pants are cut really wide at the calf but when I put ski boots under them, they fit perfectly. When they are worn with hiking or mountaineering boots the fit is a little bit baggy. The RPK pants breath like crazy and are still super warm. When I first got these I was a little skeptical about the warmth but they are by far the best pants that i have skied in.
- The waist is adjustable
- internal gaiter/powder screen
- fleece lined waist
- They breath super well
- When you step in water or fall into a stream sidecountry skiing you don’t get wet….Trust me I know from experience.
- The pockets are just amazing
- the zippers actually work when you have gloves on
- if you have something bulky in the thigh pocket it is sort of annoying
Final Verdict- Hands down the best Ski pants I’ve worn
Rating- The first 10/10 of the new year